Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm SO Blessed

I'm supposed to be sleeping now, but how can I. I was thinking about all that has transpired over the past few days and am just brimming with praise to God. Everything turned out so much better than I could have ever imagined and to look at my son is just an incredible thing. I have always wanted to be a mom and now that the time is finallly here, I'm in awe of the whole thing. James 1:17 rings true:

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.


Here are some highlights that I wanted to share:

-For starters, I have the BEST husband in the world! He was an incredible encouragement throughout the whole process and really supported me when I needed it most. Fatherhood fits him very nicely and our son is blessed to have him as his dad.

-I went into labor 6 hours before we were supposed to be at the hospital for the induction.

-I was 6 centimeters dilated when we got to the hospital.

-We had the greatest nurse, Cathey, who was a true blessing. She, along with my doctor, were very supportive of my desire to not get an epidural and really helped me get through the whole thing. Cathey even prayed with us when Graham's heart rate dropped to 80 and they were preparing for a c-section if they couldn't get it back up. Thankfully the five nurses working on me were able to get him stimulated and it went back up and we didn't have any other problems throughout the labor.

-My mom and sister were also able to be in the room with us leading up to the pushing. They were helpful too!!

-Graham was finally born at 3:54 p.m.- 13 days late and after 16 hours of labor. As it says on an earlier post, he was 9.5 pounds and 22 inches long. I'm still in shock over this and laugh when I get him dressed because some of his clothes are not going to fit him :)

-He is wonderful baby. He sometimes cries when I make him eat because he thinks that sleeping is more enjoyable, although since we've been home he has finally gotten the hang of nursing and is even waking up on his own ready to eat.

I couldn't be any happier and give God all the credit. He certainly gave me the strength in the delivery room and even now as I'm adjusting to being a mommy. My prayer now is that He will give us the wisdom and strength we need to raise this child to love and serve Him.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Jackie, you look wonderful and I know exactly how you feel when you are just brimming over with praises to God. He is so, very good to us! I look forward to seeing all the pictures and stories you'll be posting in the months ahead. I'm so proud of you!!!

happymcfamily said...

yay :)

Margaret said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Praise the Lord. Enjoy every moment! It goes so fast (as everyone always says!)