Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Sweet Surprise

While I was away, Anthony completed a project that he and my dad started in August. There were wooden railroad ties around the house that we decided to take out. I liked the way they looked, but in an effort to avoid termites we opted to remove them. This ended up being a good decision because one of them did have some in it. We picked some bricks out to replace the railroad ties with but never got around the buying them before I left. The day before I got home Anthony tackled the project on his own. This was such a sweet surprise and he did a wonderful job. Thanks for the great surprise!!

Now we need to finish removing the plants and stumps from the flower beds. Someday I hope to plant a eucalyptus tree in each one, although I need to research them to make sure they can grow there. I just love the way they smell and think it would be a wonderful scent to arrive home to.

Look closely to see what they looked like before

After (with my reflection in the window:)

After

No comments: