Sunday, December 23, 2007

Tennessee Christmas

I think in writing this post I've made a long story longer. Anyway...

Last month we were at the Christian bookstore spending a gift card that Anthony received for graduation. I was looking around at the cd's and came across Amy Grant's A Christmas Album.


I grew up listening to this cd and always wanted a copy of my own. I handed it to him saying that it was what I wanted and then went to the car to feed Graham. I guess he listened to some of it before he paid for it because when he got to the car he asked me if I really wanted that cd. Apparently he thought sounded very 80's. I said I knew that and that yes I still wanted it.

I kind of get off topic here (and probably embarrass myself in the midst of doing it):

When I heard the song "Sleigh Ride," I remembered some of the moves I did when I choreographed it as a child as well as my brothers laughing at me for doing this. I think their laughter is due either to the dancing or the fact that I often wore the tree skirt while doing the dance (the tree skirt looked like a poodle skirt when you put it on and I aways thought they were fun to twirl in).

This is the whole point of this post:

The first song on the album is called "Tennessee Christmas." I never really thought much of it since I got to have New York Christmas' and the they were always white. Well, this year we aren't going to NY (the first time I won't be with my family around the Christmas holidays) and are staying in TN instead. I never thought growing up that I would have a TN Christmas, but then again we don't consider a lot things that do end up happening.

As the song says, "Come on weatherman give us a forecast snowy white," I hope that my first TN Christmas will be snowy white, although it is probably a long shot. I guess I'll just have to wait until next month when I do get to go to NY and play in the snow there :)

No comments: