Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Lessons I'm Learning- Thoughts from the revival

We just finished 4 days of revival services. I admit that I wasn't thrilled about it at first. We've had them before and they seem more like a pep rally (phrase used tonight) and not a true awakening of the soul. Now that they are over I'm so glad we had them. I was revived and encouraged.

Here's some highlights and thoughts on what God showed me personally (the guest pastor preached through Zephaniah):

Sun AM
(Zephaniah 1:1-6)

*God is offended at a heart with divided loyalty- He wants my undivided attention.
*Christianity is not just a part of my life- IT IS MY LIFE!!
*The contents need to match the label- if I'm squeezed, does Christ come out?
*A natural reflex of a love for Christ is a desire to be at church and to serve (people will do it without having to be asked)
*Get fed at the King's table and you won't desire the slop of the devil.

Sun PM
(Zephaniah 1:7-12)

*Ecclesiastical Elitism- thinking that some or all of what is written in the Bible doesn't apply to me
*Sin is offensive to God. It cost Jesus His life!
*Do I have remorse for my sin?
*If I run to sin, I don't believe it is as serious as God says it is.

Mon PM

*Note: I had nursery so I didn't hear the message.
*I was told it was on self-sufficiency. In hearing this I immediately thought of 2 Corinthians 2:9-10 where Paul writes that God is sufficient for us when we are weak. We ought to boast in our weaknesses because then God will be glorified.
*The two areas in my own life where I am weak and need to rely more on Christ for strength rather than trying to tackle them on my own is parenting a toddler and preschooler (it's so easy to let the flesh react to situations rather than trying to be Spirit controlled) and being self-controlled with the food I eat (I'm reading the book Made to Crave in preparation for leading the book study this summer. It's convicting).

Tue PM
Zephaniah 3:1-7

*It's never good to be stubborn with God
*If I continue to ignore the two areas from Monday than I know I am being stubborn and that is sin.

Wed PM
Zephaniah 3:9-20

*He gave several evidences that revival has happened. The two that stood out-
*When God has come near we will want to sing a song from our heart- I have been so encouraged lately by playing music in our home which allow me worship at any time. Pandora is a favorite website for free music. I've been enjoying both Fee and Hillsong stations

*When God comes near we become contagious- do people want what we have? How can they know what I have unless I proclaim it!!

------
If you are reading this and came to any of the services I'd love to know what God taught you. Leave a comment!!

No comments: