Friday, April 29, 2011

Low Carb Meal Plan

We started a low carb diet again yesterday.  We're headed to Cancun next month for my brother's wedding and using it as motivation to try and lose some weight before we go.  I've spent a lot of time the last couple of days developing a meal plan to make the next 4 weeks go by easier.  I know the basics for a low carb diet, but realize some of my choices may not fully comply.  I just remind myself that weight loss is the ultimate goal and low carb eating is the way to get there.  I got most of these recipes from the same low carb blog and also plan to include others from our last round.

Broccoli Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Southwestern Egg Casserole
Egg Muffins
Southwest Chicken Salad
Asian Salmon Patties with Sesame Lime Mayo
Shrimp with Mustard Horseradish Sauce
Horseradish Meatloaf
Tomato, Fennel, and Flax Meatloaf
Asian Lettuce Wraps
Turkey and Gaucamole Quesadilla
Garlicky Green Beans
Grilled Zucchini Pizza
Twice Baked Spaghetti Squash

We had White Chicken Chili for dinner last night.  I substituted one can of rotel for the two cans of green chilies.  It was spicy but not unbearable.  This afternoon I made some fantastic French Onion Dip.  I found that all the premade ones from the store had MSG in them among other ingredients that are unfamiliar.  I found this recipe and since I had all of the ingredients I made it.  It's a keeper!

Since we're going to be eating a lot of vegetables in the coming weeks, I'd love to know your favorites so we can add some variety!

No comments: