Wednesday, March 05, 2008

But for a moment

So, I have a huge obsession with HGTV. Anthony has said that he is amazed at how much time I can spend watching design shows (and I'm amazed at how much time he can spend watching sports). Anyway, last night I finally got a taste of what it is like to be the home owner that goes shopping for supplies for a remodel. That's right. We're finally able to work on doing some remodeling in our bathroom. It's a huge double answer to prayer- the finances are in place to do the work and we finally found someone to do it for us (my dad was originally going to help, but now he can actually enjoy his vacation rather than working while he is here)!

A couple came to visit our church this past weekend and mentioned that they wanted prayer for work for the husband. He does construction type work and things are slow for him right now. Anthony mentioned that we had a project just waiting for someone to do it for us. He came over on Monday and we showed him what we wanted done. We were planning on installing a new base and retiling the shower stall. While he was looking at it, Anthony threw out the idea of turning the tub into a tub/shower combo. Once he got to looking at, we never really went back to talking about the stall. He gave us a very reasonable quote for the project. This whole thing has come as a big surprise because we never thought we would be able to afford this since it involves replacing the bathroom window and sealing it up since it will be in the shower, installing a vent in the ceiling, and installing the piping to add a shower head.

As for my HGTV moment- we went to Lowes and bought the tile. I'm really excited about what we picked and think it is going to look great. I can't wait to post pictures of the finished project and even more so to finally use it!

He came today to get started, but we have to wait up to two weeks for the window to come in. We're praying that it comes in sooner.

I'm sure you haven't forgotten what our salmon bathroom looks like, but in case you did, here is what it is:

The tub is not being replaced.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Are you going to leave the tub in the salmon color or are you going to resurface it? Just curious...can't wait to see pics of the remodel!!

Miss you guys!!

~Michelle

Jackie said...

It will stay salmon. It's a really nice tub and would be even better if it were white, but replacing it is way out of the budget!

MMS said...

Hi Jackie,
We didn't have to start "training" Noah with "no touch" until he really started moving quickly. My sister's baby (same age) needed the "no touch" routine a lot earlier b/c he crawled a lot earlier. Anyway, I started off saying, "No touch" and moving him away from the item. After it became clear he understood what I was saying, I resorted to "spanking" after he didn't comply on request #1. I use "spanking" very loosely b/c it does not hurt him AT ALL. It's more like a firm "pat" on his diapered rear. It gets his attention, and he immediately moves away. I think a lot of it has to do with his personality--he's pretty easy-going. I know my sister didn't have the same ease b/c her baby is a bit more intense than Noah. SO, ease of training seems to depend on personality . . . in my humble opinion.

Can't wait to see the remodel photos. I also enjoy the remodeling shows! :)