Saturday, May 24, 2008

He's 9 Months Old



Last week Graham turned 9 months. We had a 9 month check-up this past week. He's 21 pounds 2 ounce (65th percentile), 30 inches (95th percentile), and his head is in 18.7 inches around (97th percentile). As we all know he continues to be tall with a big head- just like his daddy :)

Here's what he is up to:

*He can wave, clap his hands, and show us that he is "so big," but only does it if he feels like it

*He makes funny faces like in the first picture

*He likes music and enjoys watching Anthony conduct the choir. He's been coming to choir practice with us for the past 4 months and does a great job. He even screams or maybe tries to sing at times. Everyone there enjoys having him.

*He finally takes consistent naps in the morning and afternoon and I'm able to put him in his bed awake and he eventually falls asleep on his own. He goes to bed between 8:00-8:30 and gets up between 6:00-6:45. I wish it was 7:00, but I'm happy to not have to feed him in the middle of the night anymore!!

*He has his bottom front two teeth

*He notices animals more and more. I'm trying to teach him animal sounds with the sounds that he already makes. We're working on roof, meow, and neigh since he makes clear r, m, and n sounds. I'm also trying to get him to say duck since he makes the d sound so well. His only words to are mom and dad which I think he is starting to associate with us, but also are sounds he just likes to make.

*He loves to eat and flexes his fingers in excitement (the second pictures shows him in action) while he waits for the food to be spooned into his mouth. He continues to love banana oatmeal, sweet potatoes, avocado, and yogurt. This month I've introduced him to bread, brown rice, applesauce, cheerios, cucumbers, peeled grapes, and zucchini. I'm sure there are others I've forgotten. He definitely likes his sweets. If I mix something he doesn't like with sweet potatoes he'll still eat it!! Hopefully his sweet tooth will only be towards fruits and veggies and not the cake, cookies, and ice cream that I love so much :)

*Just today he started to army crawl forward. He's been spinning himself around and pushing himself backwards for a month now. I'm sure we'll be moving all over the place by this time next week.

*He loves fans. He has learned to look up and gets especially excited when we turn the ceiling fans on and also knows where Anthony's fan in is our room. When he is in our bed he stares at it waiting for it to blow on him.

*He's such a happy little guy. It seems like everyone we meet comments on how happy he is. I'm impressed that complete strangers can see this. All I have to say is that that is him. I'm not doing anything special to make him that way. Praise God for a content child!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I told Andy, "I've never met him , and yet I love him!" Watching him grow on your blog makes me feel like I know him. I wished we lived closer together so we could have play dates!

Jackie said...

I realized last month that we are only 4 hours apart. We need to plan a weekend or at least a meet halfway thing. How far are you from Chattanooga? I'm thinking it's the halfway point and a very fun place to visit!!

Emily said...

Jackie, I think you must have shrunk his birthday bib!!! He is the sweetest thing!!

Emily said...

Jackie, I think you must have shrunk his birthday bib!!! He is the sweetest thing!!