Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What I wrote...

My life changed the day i met you. I had never met anyone like you. I was comfortable talking to you right from the start, which for a shy quiet girl is unusual. I remember the day I wanted to find out where you were from and after an hour and a half of talking about anything and everything, I finally walked away knowing that it was Maryland. Everything just kept getting better as we became better friends.

The one thing that captivated me about you was what we had in common. So much of it was characteristics about myself that for long had been set aside because no one else was quite like me. But with you, I could be me- the me that was within, but that I never knew how to let out. Those months we spent first getting to know one another have been so meaningful because I got to know who I really was.

Those first few month always left me wondering what God had in store for us. I was convinced that you were not someone that would come and go in my life. And now, to be standing where we, about to commit to spending our lives together, I can only say that all of this has been God's doing.

As I think about the man that God has blessed me with the privilege of marrying, I think of Ephesians 3:20 and how much more you are than I could have ever imagined. I don't deserve the caring, gentle, sensitive, and handsome person you are. Your love for God is unlike anyone's I've ever seen. You have such a deep faith and genuine heart to serve God. Thinking about your relationship with God and all that it is to you has always challenged me to seek God more and to trust him more. Through you life I see the blessings and reasons why I ought to put God first.

I know God has great plans for your life and I feel honored and blessed that God would allow me to be your help-meet and your wife and to be part of that wonderful plan He has for your life.

My only fear about being married was that I would fail to be the loving wife you deserve. But if I've learned anything from you it is the necessity of depending on Him for what I need. I know in and of myself I am incapable, but nothing is impossible with God. So with his help, I hope to be the loving wife God wants you to have.

2 comments:

happymcfamily said...

*sniff* *tear*

Brenda and Brantley said...

I love what you wrote and the song! Precious!!