Tuesday, May 25, 2010

8 Years

Today is our 8th Anniversary. It's always amazing to take a moment and think back through the years and all that has gone on in that time. It seems just like yesterday but then again so much has happened to remind you that it really has been 8 years! Two years ago I shared about how our wedding came together with all of our friends and family's help. This year I wanted to share about a special part of the ceremony.

I suspected that Anthony might sing to me. I did not want him to feel left out if that was the case and knowing that I have not been gifted with a soloist voice, I knew a song was out of the question. I decided to write a little something and read it to him. The fact that we both surprised each other is a special memory I'll always carry with me.

I had hoped to load the footage from the wedding, but we had to transfer the original VHS copy to a DVD and it is being very touchy at the moment. The techie husband has one more idea to get it to work so if he figures something out, I'll post it. In the meantime, I've typed out what I wrote and the lyrics to the song he sang.

Oh and of course, I wanted to let the One I love know that he means even more to me now than he did 8 years ago when we committed our lives to one another. The words I spoke to you that day still ring true today. You challenge me and constantly remind me just how important God is in our lives. He has taken us on some wild rides and I couldn't imagine going through any of this with anyone else. I love you with all of my heart and can't wait to see what he has in store for us in the years to come!

2 comments:

Brenda and Brantley said...

Happy Anniversary! :) We enjoyed celebrating our 7th the day before you. What a gift! love you guys & miss you.

AmandaS said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!