Saturday, September 04, 2010

Freezer Cooking- South Beach Style

Since we started dieting in June, I have not been able to take advantage of freezer cooking. Oh how I've missed it! Since I've figured out what works for us and fits into the diet's parameters, I'm going to take a stab at freezer cooking- South Beach style. I've had lots of ideas running through my head on what I wanted to cook so in an effort to get them all together here's my list:

Basics
brown rice for Spinach Rice Casserole and South of the Border Pie (will post recipe since my mom wanted it)
black beans (need to soak first)
bacon (for salads)
cooked chicken for salads and mustard chicken

Meals
chili (will post recipe)
tomato soup
minestone soup
lime chicken taco (cooked last night so they just need salsa and freeze)
crockpot fajitas
turkey sausage

Marinades (mix marinades, dump in bag with meet and freeze)
Italian grilled chicken (will grill when we eat)
beef kabobs (just the meat, will add mushroom when we eat them)
buffalo chicken (for salad- pour wing sauce on chicken and freeze)

I better stop blogging and get started! If I accomplish half of what's on the list I'll be happy:)

No comments: