Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Things Graham Says

"Daddy, can you guess what I have in my hand? It's long, and has a bucket, and wheels, and is noisy, and big. Can you guess, dad? Can you guess what the backhoe is?"

------

While looking at pictures of baby mommy and baby daddy we found one with me in overalls that had my name on it. I asked him what it said if it had my name on it.

G: Mommy!

M: No. What is my real name? J-

G: Jack... Jack Mommy!

-------

G: I can't get it (referring to whatever I asked him to get) because my legs are broken.

M: How did they break?

G: Reed broke them with a knife.

This conversation happened one morning before Reed even woke up so he had not seen him since the night before. Thankfully we don't let Reed play with knives so I knew this wasn't true. That and the fact that his legs weren't broken to begin with!

-------

"Mommy. why are you putting finger socks (meaning gloves) on Reed?"

------

After 6 + hours in the car:

"My butt hurts!"

------

He says "I can't" a lot (especially with regards to using the toilet) so we've been working on Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things in Christ Jesus." One day while in the bathroom I gave him a taste of what he does and said I couldn't do it. His response:

"Yes you can. You can do all things because Jesus loves and you can do it!"

-------

While on the hay ride:

G: God will help me when I'm scared.

M: Yes. You were scared about getting on the trailer weren't you?

G: Yes. Where is God?

M: He's everywhere. He's right here with us.

G: Does he live in my heart?

M: I hope He will someday soon!

No comments: