Thursday, January 06, 2011

OYOL- Week 1

Overwhelmed. Exhausted. Unmotivated. Frustrated.

This is how I feel and yet, I don’t want these to be the words that my husband or boys use to describe me. I’m tired of feeling like a failure. I’m tired of the piles. I’m tired of the toys all over the house. I’m tired of living for nap time. I’m tired of misplacing things. I’m tired of ending the day forgetting what I’ve accomplished because what I didn’t is hanging over me. I’m tired of letting the boys watch so much tv because I have stuff to do. I’m tired of digging through the laundry basket. I’m tired of calling my husband because I’m stressed out. I’m tired of the tone of voice I've been using. I'm tired of not having a plan for the day. I’m tired of rushing around because we’re late. I'm tired.

Change is desperately needed at our house.

I'm going to be joining Brenda at Unsolicited Advice to become more organized.

I know some of the things that need to be done around here, but getting started is often the hardest part for me. I think her weekly approach will really help get the ball rolling. Plus you will have the added benefit of reading about my progress each week!!

In response to week 1's assignment, here is my purpose for going on this journey:

I desire for my home to be a Christ-honoring place of refuge and solace where our family enjoys to be together.

3 comments:

Brenners said...

Refuge and solace are two words that sound very desirable right now.

Thanks for joining me in my journey. I'm hoping this accountability will be what helps me finally stick to it.

Eos Mom said...

I totally could've written that first paragraph--I'm in the same boat and planning to join the challenge. Here's to a more organized 2011!

Michelle said...

I'm right there with you Jackie! The description of the way you feel could have been a description of me!

I'm gonna check out the journey you're on and I may be joining you. I want to be different too!