Sunday, April 01, 2012

#3 Update

Today marks week 37 for this pregnancy so I figured it was time for an update on #3. 

We found out in November that it is a

Scan1  
girl!!

In recent months we’ve been working on getting the bedrooms situated.  

Reed had to move from his crib in the nursery
P1020369(don’t worry, the blanket was removed after the picture was taken :)

P1030181 
into a bed in Graham’s room.

The move went much better than expected.  One day some superhero sheets arrived in the mail and R wanted to sleep in his new bed.  He’s been there ever since and they are doing really well with sharing a room for both bedtime and nap time.  They need the occasional reminder to stop playing and go to sleep, but I’m pleased with how well they handled it.  I’m sure the two fans and music that plays helps keep them from distracting one another too much!

The nursery is still a work in progress, but almost done.  The biggest challenge was finding bedding that went with the yellow walls, since we did not want to paint it.  I wanted to go girly but not pink and then I found bedding that I really liked.  It includes shades of pink, so it is very pink in the end.  I hope to post pictures once it’s completely done!

Pregnancy Update
37 Weeks
It was bright out and they were tired so this was the best we got!
 Thankfully this pregnancy has been complication free.  Given my history of big babies (G was 9lbs 5 oz and R was 10lbs 3 oz) the doctor has been monitoring her size.  We had an ultrasound at 34 weeks which showed her around 5lbs 9oz which is slightly bigger than average.  Assuming that measurement was correct (it can be off by a pound in either direction), then she should weigh around 9 lbs at 40 weeks.  I have another ultrasound on Friday to check once more.  We have an induction scheduled for April 16th when I will be 39 weeks and 1 day (Reed was induced at 39 weeks and 5 days and weighed over 10 lbs and his ultrasound showed him weighing a pound less than he really was).  While I don’t want to be induced and hope that she comes on her own, I feel that it is the best option to be able to have her naturally and hopefully avoid a c-section.

The next couple of weeks will be exciting for sure!  I’m done working and the boys are off for Spring Break so I’m planning some fun Easter activities for us to work on and maybe I'll attempt to get our house cleaned!

No comments: