Monday, December 06, 2010

The Christmas Season- HIS Time

I read this quote last week and it rang true in my heart:

“If the enemy can’t make you sin, he’ll make you busy.” -Unknown

We're certainly in the midst of the hustle and bustle at our home. For music ministers (and their families) it is the busiest time of the year.

In the midst of all of this busyness it is my goal to include Christ in all of it. After all, this is HIS time. The time when we anticipate and celebrate His birth. His birth is so important because it was the beginning of the final steps that God took to redeem us. Christmas is crucial to the forgiveness of sins that Christ offers us.

I'm glad we make a big to do about it because it is so important- eternally important. In making this big to do, I keep checking my intentions behind everything to be sure what I'm doing is being done for HIM and not tradition or expectation.

My hearts desire is for our family to enjoy the coming days, making memories, anticipating, and reflecting on our great God in Heaven who came to earth as a baby to one day die a death He didn't deserve so I could spend eternity in Heaven with Him.

I hope the same is true for you and your family.

No comments: