Sunday, February 06, 2011

Lessons I'm Learning- Preaching to Myself

I was confronted with the realization today that I demand more consistent obedience from my three year old then I do from myself. I focus so much of my day teaching and training Graham and Reed to handle situations in ways that honor God and his Word, yet so often I let my emotions and thoughts take over me. I give in to my frustrations and insecurities, saying and acting in ways that don't exemplify obedience. How can I expect them to behave when I, the adult, and choosing not to?

During today's message, Mark encouraged us to preach the Word to ourselves. I've heard this before, but realized that I NEED to start doing this. I recently memorized Proverbs 31:26- "She opens her mouth with wisdom and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue." I have not been watching my words and saying things that are not wise or kind. I'm going to work harder this week to preach the Word to myself and hope that in doing so we will have a more peaceful home.

No comments: